As one of Ireland’s leading bakeries, Johnston Mooney & O’Brien has been synonymous with the best of bakery products for over 150 years. The company prides itself on using only the finest ingredients and processes to deliver top quality bread and buns to an extensive range of customers in both the Retail and Foodservice markets throughout Ireland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Clonee bun bakery for a Quality Manager.
The Quality Manager reports to the General Manager and will work collaboratively with the Production and Operations Management team to ensure that all manufactured products supplied by the company are safe, legal and meet customer expectations.
The Quality Manager assumes overall responsibility for all aspects of quality management on the site and key responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for the Quality Management, Hygiene, Traceability and HACCP systems
- Leading all customer, regulatory and product safety audits
- Implementation of new work practices and design and implementation of training systems for food safety and quality
- Continuous improvement in quality, internal audit and manufacturing standards
- Finished Product specifications including E-specs
- Supplier assurance programme
A degree or comparable third level qualification, ideally in Food Science or a related discipline.
Minimum of five years’ experience preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
A coaching mindset to promote best practices.
A demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through teamwork, motivation and employee engagement.
A can-do resilient and flexible attitude
A thorough knowledge of the latest requirements in Food Safety Best Practice and BRC