We are currently recruiting for a Quality Graduate. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic individual to join a focused team in a busy and rewarding environment.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Working closely with the Quality Assurance Manager you will ensure that all products and processes are safe and in compliance with specifications, legal and statutory obligations, customer requirements and highest quality standards throughout the product life cycle.
- Quality Assurance Manager
OTHER KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Production Managers in relation to all production and quality matters.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess each delivery of raw material before accepting to determine the goods meet the agreed specification, that all labelling is correct and that packaging is not damaged.
- Monitor product attributes to assure product quality is at targeted levels of the internal and customer product specification.
- Assure food safety, regulatory and company compliance.
- Assure compliance with all established safety procedures.
- Supervise On Line Quality Control in the specific department.
- Review paperwork from previous day and ensure proper procedures are followed.
- Work on production floor following up with On Line QC and operations to ensure quality and food safety.
- Assist with customer and third party audits and audit preparation.
- Troubleshooting food safety & quality issues.
- Troubleshooting health & safety issues.
- Assist in plant development of process control procedures and monitoring.
- Knowledgeable of product specification and plant quality procedures, i.e. factory HACCP plan.
- Other duties as assigned by QA manager.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Food Science or similar discipline.
- Experience in a food environment.
- Must be able to read reports, evaluate data and use computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to learn and understand HACCP principals.
- Good time management and technical skills.
- Familiar with GMP”s, Food Safety, HACCP.
- Ability to write reports and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Capacity to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team based environment.
- Well organised and excellent ability to handle pressure and deal with conflicting priorities.
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to HR@keoghs.ie
Keogh’s Crisps is an Equal Opportunities Employer