Duties: To assist in the implementation of the Quality Management System
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a Quality Control System, which is compatible with legislative and industry requirements. Also the implementation of corrective and preventive action systems and cross functional teamwork to meet project targets which include:
- Maintenance of HACCP and GMP systems
- To facilitate the QC team to achieve agreed customer service levels
- Investigate and authorize Out of Spec and Non-Conformance reports.
- Initiating corrective and preventive action and maintaining appropriate records.
- Maintenance and monitoring of supplier approval, finished products specs (E specs and specs)
- Coordinating inter-departmental QC related activities.
- Participation in Management review meetings.
- Management of customer complaints, trending and responding
- Internal Audits- floor and systems
- Responsibility for the implementation of traceability
- Assisting with External Audit
- Communicating with external auditors
- Corrective action pertaining to Audit reports.
- Review of updates and changes to QC documentation
- Insuring staff compliance with legislative and industry requirements.
- Priorities work schedules to ensure effective analysis of product adherence
- Internal calibration and validation of instruments as required
- Participation of label generation and art work approval
- Participating in training for QC personnel as required
- Coordinate packaging and labelling where required
- Accompany pest control visits
- Accompany visiting auditors when required
- Testing incoming raw materials to match COC
- Independent weight checks of product
- Preparation of samples for micro analysis
- Co-signing and QA validation of production records
- Hygiene swabbing
- 70% floor based in a fast paced environment
- 3 years experience in a High Care environment
- HACCP knowledge (HACCP level 5 training completed)
- Internal auditing