In this role, you will be responsible for supporting areas of continuous improvement and leading the operations team to ensure that daily orders and deadlines are met. There is a high responsibility on a Production Team Leaders to ensure efficiency and quality in the assembly of the products. Production team leaders can be found on-site offering their leadership skills and knowledge to team members, for activities such as manufacturing, processing, operating, packing or unloading. A high level of responsibility is expected of team leaders, because the safety and productivity of their team reflects on their ability to lead.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you are responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of production within the business. Your responsibilities will consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor workers on site during production activities to ensure adherence to ethics and safety procedures
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment for safety and functionality.
- Ensure that products and goods manufactured meet quality standards obtainable in the industry. Process optimisation at all times.
- Motivate workers to enhance production quantity and at the same time maintain high production standards.
- Check finished products to ensure quality, and that industry standards are met before they are declared ready for use.
- Work as middleman between workers and management to create healthy communication
- Ensure that work materials are present as at when needed
- Assist with the work-load for the Operations Manager and report directly to them on any queries or issues.
- Manage production and packaging teams.
- Hygiene and housekeeping systems are adhered to.
- Experience working in a production environment ideally in a supervisory capacity or substantial supervisory experience in another environment.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively motivate staff
- A formal third level qualification / Background in Engineering or manufacturing would be advantageous.
- Good physical fitness
- Basic mechanical works experience