Reporting to: Quality/ Technical Manager
Role: The role of the Assistant Manager is to support all aspects of the bakeries Quality practices to deliver the required plant performance in all area in accordance with agreed specifications and within the agreed budget. The assistant Manager reports to the Quality/Technical Manager and will contribute cross functionally to achieve the business objectives of the company. He/she will assist with the development of staff on site.
Organisation: Stapleton’s Bakery, a privately owned business operates on 24*7 day production basis.
Key Accountabilities: As a member of the Quality Team, the assistant Manager is required to contribute to the achievement of business targets and objectives set on an annual basis. Responsibility for the delivery of systems compliance and training and development of staff while ensuring adherence to Company objectives through effective decision making is essential. The assistant Manager will deputise for the Manager during leave etc.
Other duties include:
- Ensure products are produced within the agreed quality compliance specification
- Ensure the timely dispatch of finished products to customers in accordance with agreed contracts/SLAs and Quality standards.
- Ensure, in line with key deliverables that labour, material and equipment productivity are complied with and in accordance with best practices.
- Ensure work practices are in compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements including HACCP, the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Acts, Good manufacturing practice and remain up to date.
- Assist as required with training for staff across all departments, taking into account HACCP and health and safety responsibilities.
- Assist the Quality/Technical Manager with all elements of Health and Safety (including any training and the Safety statement) for Stapleton’s
- Assist the Quality/Technical Manager with preparing for customer visits, customer and third party audits and carry out external supplier audits as required.
- Assist with the maintenance of site performance measurement tools and KPI’s to ensure compliance with Quality Standards
- Assist in dealing with customer product specifications and customer technical libraries duties.
- Co-operate with the Quality Manager and Production Manager to ensure agreed measures are maintained across all departments.
- Participate in cross-functional training as required from time to time and instructed by the Managing Director or other officers of the company
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as instructed by the Managing Director of other officers of the company.
Education: Requires a B.Sc in Food Science/Technology or equivalent 3rd level qualification along with training in HACCP and /or Internal Auditors qualification.
Experience: Minimum 3 years directly related experience
Knowledge: Thorough understanding of quality standards, Experience with Tesco and Aldi technical systems.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications (English), Adaptable and open to change, Good Judgement, able to motivate on line workers, Organise and structured approach to work, Effective in presenting ideas and opinions.
Impact: Decisions can have time and cost impact on Stapleton’s Bakery business in Ireland.